Friday, March 6, 2015

225 days! First full day! 4.47 miles and still living!

Took that first step! and then another and another!  I just never figured I lived that far from my mom!  As I was preparing to leave the house, I probably had a dozen excuses going through my head..."it's gray out, it might rain" (it didn't, and I actually got a sunburn!), "I'm tired, I'll do it tomorrow" (I'm always tired, and tomorrow never comes), and "Is it worth it?".  The answer to that last one is yes.  I may have a long way to go before I actually get to the starting point in NYC in October, but each day will be a day closer and a day that I am getting healthier!

I can't say the walk was all that pleasant as it was walking along 14th Street West in Bradenton which is traffic heavy, but I had my iPhone and got to listen to Wayne Dyer's "Change your Thoughts, Change your Life" audio, which was a pleasure.  Also, I'll be looking for more scenic walking tracks.

But the most important thing is that I did it!  I got off of the couch and took those first steps!  

I did have my mom take my picture! But I'm going to save that picture to show against my picture next month.  






No comments:

Post a Comment